Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Two more Civil War Blocks

The first Louisiana block is  and the second London Square.  To read the many interesting stories that go along with the quilt blocks, go to http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com.  .  It's been a lot of fun for me to build the blocks and read the stories along with them, quite and education!  I especially liked the story of Frances Anne Kemble, an actress from Europe that married a man from the south.  She married him, had two daughters and ended up in a nasty, public divorce which left her without her children.  She didn't like that his family got their fortune based on slavery and the fact that her husband treated her very poorly.  I can't imagine losing my children to anyone.  I wonder if she ever got to see them again.

Louisiana
London Square

1 comment:

Alison V. said...

Love the fabrics! I am starting to collect fabric for my own civil war quilt and these are great examples.